How to Use CryoMAX Reusable Cold Packs
Please download the instructions on how to use your CryoMAX® Cold Pack or watch the video below.
Download the CryoMAX® Cold Pack Instructions in English
Download the CryoMAX® Cold Pack Instructions in Spanish
Watch Our Video
Watch our instructional video on how to use Cryomax Cold Packs on YouTube. (opens in new tab)
Do not apply cold pack directly to skin without support wrap.
Follow all instructions carefully.
CryoMAX Cold Pack Instructions:
1. Place the CryoMAX cold pack in the adjustable support wrap. DO NOT FREEZE THE COLD PACK WITHOUT PLACING IN THE SUPPORT WRAP AS DAMAGE MAY OCCUR TO THE COLD PACK.
2. Place the support wrap/cold pack flat in the freezer. Do not place any other materials on the top or bottom of the support wrap/cold pack.
3. Freeze the CryoMAX cold pack for at least 6 hours before use.
4. DO NOT APPLY COLD PACK DIRECTLY TO SKIN WITHOUT SUPPORT WRAP.
5. Always position the rounded side of blue modules toward the affected area.
6. Wear thin clothing -- T-shirt, undergarments, etc. -- such that you don’t have a thick barrier between the cold pack and your skin. Position the cold pack over the affected area. For traditional therapeutic application, leave in place for 20 minutes, remove for 20 minutes, reapply to the affected area for 20 minutes and repeat. During the 20 minutes off between applications, wrap the CryoMAX cold pack in a thick towel to insulate it from air temperature. If you’re not going to use your CryoMAX for an hour or more during the treatment process, simply return it to the freezer.
7. When not in use, always store your CryoMAX cold pack in the support wrap in the freezer. DO NOT drop CryoMAX on hard surfaces when frozen. Keep it away from sharp objects. (Note: Without following the CryoMAX cold pack instructions, CryoMAX may not last up to 8 hours.)
Continuous use: Continuous use: Many doctors, chiropractors, and physical therapists recommend continuous cold therapy for certain post-surgical or chronic conditions. The usual 20 minutes on / 20 minutes off recommendation is based on concerns of frostbite. Following the CryoMAX cold pack instructions should eliminate that concern. From laboratory testing and consumer responses, we believe that it is safe to use for continuous periods as well as the 20-minute cycle. Check with your doctor first. Do not use CryoMAX for continuous use until it has been out of the freezer for half an hour. Always use the support wrap provided.
DO NOT APPLY CRYOMAX COLD PACK DIRECTLY TO SKIN WITHOUT THE SUPPORT WRAP.
CryoMAX can be used for all cold therapy situations
- 20 minutes on and off for hours while resting.
- 20 minutes on and off while active.
- Hours of continuous cold therapy while resting.
- Hours of continuous cold therapy while active.
- When you continuously use your CryoMAX cold packs without freezing, it is unlikely CryoMax will stay cold for 8 hours.
- Some doctors DO NOT recommend applying cold therapy for more than 20 minutes at a time.
- Do not use CryoMAX on an open wound unless prescribed by a physician.
- People with circulatory problems should not use cold therapy unless prescribed by a physician.
- Not intended for use on infants.
- Do not apply cold pack directly to skin without the support wrap.
- Keep cold pack away from sharp objects.
- Discontinue use if cold pack leaks.
- This cold pack is non-toxic. If contents come in contact with eyes or clothing, rinse affected area with warm water.
- Do not attempt to use as a hot pack. Do not heat or microwave.
- If discomfort, redness, or increased swelling occurs, discontinue use of CryoMax cold packs and consult with your doctor.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- If pain persists, consult your physician.
- Do not apply for continuous use until a half hour after removing from the freezer.
- Do not over tighten elastic strap as this will cut-off circulation.
- Do not place directly over eyes.
CryoMAX Cold Packs Recommended For: Back, Elbow, Foot, Face, Hip, Hand, Neck, Shoulder, Thigh